Rights And Obligations Of Private Landlords And Tenants
Admin October 13, 2017
Many tenants are not sure on what their rights really are when it comes to a tenancy agreement. We bring you here some points that should help you get basic information.
Rights of Tenants:
- To live in safe place, which is in good condition too.
- Not to be disturbed during the tenancy.
- To have deposit returned when your tenancy ends.
- To have information on who your landlord is.
- To have the energy performance certificate available.
- To have written agreement about the tenancy.
- Not to be evicted without a valid reason.
- To challenge high fees or rent itself.
Obligations of Tenants
- To let landlord access and/or inspect the property (at
least 24 hours notice period and reasonable time of the day is required unless
- To keep/maintain the property in good condition.
- To pay the rent and other charges according the tenancy
- To repair or pay for any damage caused by them, their
family or friends.
- To sublet the property only with the agreement of the landlord.
Rights of Private Landlords
- Landlord can inspect/visit their private property at reasonable time of the day giving tenants at least 24 hour notice, unless it is emergency.
- Private landlords have right to get paid according to the tenancy agreement.
- Landlords can evict the tenant if there is a valid reason, such as not paying rent.
Obligations and Duties of Private Landlords
- Landlord must not discriminate the tenants or treat them in a different way just because of their gender, race, martial status, religion or sexual orientation.
- Landlords must maintain the property in good conditions.
- Tenants should be allowed to have their privacy secured, hence the visits of landlords should not be frequent or without any reason.
- To provide and manage the energetic property certificate (EPC).
- Landlord cannot change the locks without prior notice to the tenant.
You Need to Login First for Comment