Regular Property Inspection - Make Sure That Your Rental Property Meets Safety Standards
Admin September 20, 2018
- Smoke Detectors - As per the smoke alarm laws, it is mandatory that all properties should have smoke detectors in proper working condition. Checking it regularly by pushing the test buttons and ensuring that the alarm sounds is necessary to avoid any unwanted condition.
- Railings - If your rental property in UK is having balconies or decks, it becomes vital to ensure that all the railings are properly set and are safe. And if these are made up of wood, it becomes more important to replace it as wood deteriorates over the years.
- Stairs - Keeping the stairs in good condition is important to avoid slipping or falling. Removing the rotten wooden staircases & painting the others with a non-slip coating is the best way to avoid any mis-happening or hazard.
- Door Locks - To provide the tenants with secure housing, proper locking doors are essential. It is good to inspect regularly that locks of all doors are working and to make it even better equip them with electronic locks.
- Pest Infestation - Pests such as mice, rats, and cockroaches are unhygienic and can increase the risk of disease which generally lowers safety standards in the rental. It is the responsibility of the landlord to get rid of these things by adding a monthly payment to a local pest control company so as your tenants don?t suffer due to these unhygienic things.
- Appliances - For the sake of safety and performance, it is good to regularly check the appliances that are installed in your rental property. This, in turn, is a safe attempt to solve the issues before they become a serious one.
You Need to Login First for Comment